Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Now THAT is a commercial...

I just got an email from Nick at the Shaving Shack with a link to a new commercial for the best selling shave cream at their shop (The Bluebeard's Revenge)... and man.



THAT is a commercial. Seriously. Hardcore.

Still, I have an issue or 2.

1: HOLY SHIT DUDE RELAX ON THE RAZOR. Looked like he was trying to shove it through his cheek and shave his jawbone.
2: If you're gonna show off a classic technique as awesome and (yes, yes it is) badass as wetshaving is, at LEAST use a badass razor. Either a monster straight (like a 5/8 Dovo or something) or even use your own Bluebeard DE.

Otherwise, good stuff. I need to try the off-road skateboarding sometime - looks like a good time.

8 comments:

ulltra said...

correct it is

Goodfella said...

Did you see the ad with the lions they made last year? Bluebeard is a great soap and they back it up with great promotion too.

Anonymous said...

Bluebeard's is good but othing beats Al's Shaving creams though. The performance is much better than Castle Forbes at a lower price and the scents!!!!!

Smarter Shaves said...

Hi Punk Rock,

My name is Katy and I am currently running a marketing campaign for a company called Smarter Shaves.

We run a monthly subscription service for razors and I am looking for partners who may be willing to trial and review the product.

I am curious as to whether youwould be interested in any content for your site. We have a team of writers who are currently working on some high quality content.

Please let me know what you think.

Kind regard,
Katy
www.smartershaves.com
onlinemarketing@smartershaves.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your Blog about Shaving.

I recvently found a business called www.aussieshave.com (Aussie Shave) that allows you to make low price subscriptions so that cheap high quality razor's will arrive to your door step each month so you don't have to worry about buying them! It's something that annoys me, I figured you might be interested since this is a shaving blog :)

Douglas Smythe said...

Hey Jeremy!
Good stuff! I was wondering if you might ever want to contribute a guest post to http://howtogrowamoustache.com ?
Please let me know.
Cheers,
Douglas
whiskers@howtogrowamoustache.com

Juvenci said...

That is a pretty cool ad, people keep telling me to stock this on our site so I might give it a go. They look pretty 'edgy' and product reviews are always positive

Allyson said...

Hello. I'm with the Marketing Agency that represents Dorco, a manufacturer of high quality shaving systems, cartridges and disposable razors for men and women. For your reference, here is the URL to the Dorco store: http://www.DorcoUSA.com/. We would love to have you review our client's products on your blog. If you are interested, please contact me at Allyson (at) EightHorses.net. Thank you!